|Alias||Dragon King of the Western Sea|
|Height||180 cm (5'9")|
Reincarnated as Hakuryuu
|Manga Debut||Sai. Gaiden Vol 1, ch. 03|
|Anime Debut||Saiyuki Ep. 40|
Saiyuki Gaiden OVA Ep. 1
|Seiyuu||Kazuhiro Yamaji (山路 和弘)|
Hiroki Tochi (東地宏樹) (in Saiyuki Blast)
|English||Jason Konopisos (in Saiyuki)|
Leraldo Anzaldua (in Sai. Gaiden)
|Weapons||Nodachi; Military Style Katana|
AppearanceGoujun had a dragon appearance mixed in with his human stature. He has two horns poke through his silver hair that his he wears back in a long braid. His fringe is short in front and the hair around his next with well groomed. His eyes are another interesting part of his appearance. The whites of his eyes are red and his iris are yellow and slitted. Scales dot his pale, literally white skin. He is tall and lean as most of the male characters in this universe. He has long pointed ears like a youkai. His strange appearance is closer to that of a youkai than a god.
The highest ranking officer, responsible for Heaven’s Western Army, he is Tenpou and Kenren’s superior officer. He’s strict about discipline as an army officer should be, and undoubtedly takes heaven’s orders as absolute. He discards excess things and is very punctual. He shows a strict adherence to protocol, stopping Kenren when the General didn't greet or salute him in passing. He values Tenpou highly. He got caught up in the fours’ rebellion, as a hostage no less, and even though he didn’t understand their thinking, he saw their paths with his own eyes.
Weapons and AbilitiesWork in progress
- Though the colors are different, Goujun's clothes match Goku's first costume.
- In 2009, the fan speculation ended when Kazuya Minekura tells the editors in Pafu, that Goujun is indeed Hakuryuu.
- This fact is based off of Xuanzang's horse, Yulong in the original legend being a Dragon Prince himself (forced into being his horse due to eating it), albeit also from the Western Sea. That said, Gōjun himself is loosely based off of Ao Run, the Dragon King of the Western Sea in Journey to the West, whilst Hakuryuu is loosely based off of the Dragon King's third son, Yulong.
- Gōjun's name stems from the Japanese equivalent of Ao Run.
- Technically, he wrote Gaiden as his memoirs of what happened when Konzen, Goku, Kenren, and Tenpou rebelled against heaven.
- Goujun's hobby is his work and he's especially good at chess, though he doesn't care for it.
- His favorite food is boiled vegetables, but he doesn't like spicy food. He has surprisingly sensitive taste-buds.
- Goujun's ideal woman is serious and on the masculine side.
- His favorite color is silver.