Is she wearing men's clothing, or is monk hanfu a gender nutral uniform? Does she have a gender neutral personality or does she think of herself as a man?
- Hello Likalaruku , Sharaku is indeed a woman, I think the reason why she act like that is becoz a "Sanzo" is not a person, its a title. Refer Sanzo article. As of now it is too early to suggest that she has a gender neutral personality but being a Sanzo, she have to act like that (just my opinion). Pls, sign your questions with your time stamp next time thanks .
- 05:32, January 29, 2014 (UTC)
- Ok here's my rough reading on Kouten 2, I didnt do kouten 1 becoz it is very clear that Sharaku is using formal tones in introducing herself. I am Sharaku Sanzo the 28th of Arhat or I am the 28th of Arhat Sharaku Sanzo.
- But in Kouten 2 here's my observation:
- She describe herself as "THIS" - "Kono" (usage of this, might explain becoz, of the Sanzo title)
- "This Sharaku Sanzo protector of the Kouten Kyoumon with defense." Other than that she uses formal words when talking to Genjo as her equal on their conversation.
- Kouten 3
- There are so many yakuza like words.... used... In my opinion she did that to bring fear on the enemy...
16:46, January 31, 2014 (UTC)